Monday, March 5, 2018

New Recruits

I promised some of the new stuff I painted up for this years Big Game. Plus a piece of terrain I picked up from my team mate in the Urban Sprawl game. Events like the Big Game always motivate me to paint up some new units. This year was no exception.

Always useful, but pricey.
I've had this model since I first received the starter box for Chaos several years ago. I had build it with a basic paint job for a Big Game past. This year I finally got off my lazy butt and finished it.

I'm happy with how it turned out. I discovered that the best way to paint lightning on a vehicle is to pick points of origin on the model. This makes the effect less chaotic.



Points of origin really improve the lightning effect.

My second addition is Be'lakor. Said to be the first Daemon Prince. I have generally avoided any Daemon influence in my Night Lords army but Chaos is insidious... Be'lakor is nasty on the battle field. The Fly keyword allows him to attack flyers which I think is pretty cinematic. He also fits the Night Lords due to their Terror Tactics and Be'lakor's own -1 to Leadership within 12 inches of him. Finally I just like the model. I plan to write a little fluff piece to introduce my warband's new ally.

Daemons are fun to paint, I enjoyed it.
Also added to the warband are Obliterators. These guys got a nice buff when the Chaos codex came out, going from 2 shots to 4. Now they are a no-brainer take for any Chaos army. Mine preformed very well in their first game.

Of course I had to "Night Lord" them up a bit.

He adds little bits of poster and what not for great detail.
Finally my purchase from slovak.
http://guardsman-a-day.blogspot.com
A lovely new centerpiece for my home table. The only problem is now I need more! He does beautiful terrain, much better then I could do.

So I had to acquire this, plus a little cash for slovak, who makes a long trek to get to the Big Game, means a win-win. I really like it, it's very model friendly and looks awesome.



Very functional for models.
Right now, I'm working on some Cultists. I'll post pictures when I'm done. Long term, I had a funny thought that doesn't come up often in a 40K player's life, I think I'm about done with purchases for my 40K Night Lords. I'd like a Knight. A Night Lord knight needs to be.. but I don't see myself buying anything else. I've still got plenty to work on. I have primed and assembled; 20 Bezerkers, a Vindicator, and a unprimed Defiler. Plus the 30K Kharn, I always planned to do something with that..

Does that mean GW won't get anymore of my money? Ha... no, I'd like to fill out my 30K Night Lords with troops in MK4 armor. but that's a longer term goal.

Ave Dominus Nox.

No comments:

Post a Comment