Sunday, August 9, 2015

Oh Summer, How I Will Miss You

Klytus, First Sergeant
Gen con just wrapped up and that usually indicates that summer is drawing to a close. It was another great time in Indy. I talked to the Forgeworld guys and bought the two red books required to field and play 30k armies. Purchased 2 Kheres Assault Cannons for my Night Lords Contemptor as well. A good haul!

Hobbywise, I'm putting the final touches on my 3rd, 10 marine troop squad. Some touch up on lightning, a little dry brush highlighting, then darken with a black wash and they are ready to be based. It's always exciting to get to the end of painting a unit. The feeling of accomplishment to see a job well done is one of the many perks of this hobby.

Once the Isstvan Campaign Legions book comes (they ran out at Gen con, so mine is being shipped) I will start to map out what I want for my 30k Legion. I already have the model for Curze and Sevatar. But I'm using restraint, I want to finish basic units I'll field in 30k and 40k first. Which means my 3rd Rhino comes next, followed by the Raptors.

My overall hobby goal is to build a full company of Night Lords, 3 troops based in 40k models and 3 troops based in Night Lords Terror Squad models. Once I have the Isstvan book, I'll be able to lay out the 30k army I want to play. I have the basic idea of what I want, just have to fine tune with the rules.

Continuing my character series, above is First Sergeant Klytus. He sports a Combi-Melta, and a Dark Angels power sword. He also dawns a hood, mocking the Dark Angels. My Night Lords display many influences from the Thramas Crusade, the 3 year diversionary mission designed by Horus to take the Dark Angels out of the fight.

I'm toying with the idea of making 30k versions of my 40k characters. Then I would play my company in both 30k times and 40k. I think it could show a cool evolution of my characters. Well, those are all future plans. Seeing a 30k version of Vigo (not yet the Carpathian) but Captain Vigo would be pretty cool!

Ave Dominus Nox

2 comments:

  1. Nice haul. Looking forward to the contemptor being re armed! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Klytus I'm bored! What plaything can you offer me today?

    ReplyDelete