Sunday, May 18, 2014

Ave Dominus Nox!

It's been a while since the big game. I've played Eldar to about 30-0 before I decided to put them into stasis for a bit. Not long, with 7th Edition of the game upon us, Antaries will be back soon. My Chaos war band has been my focus the last two months. It's a combination of Noise Marines, Bezerkers, and Chaos Marines.

Chaos has, for a long time, been my secondary army. I've modeled about 3500pts. For a while now Night lords have been my favorite traitor legion. I love their colors, the lightning, skulls, red gauntlets..The author Aaron Dembski-Bowen has been the best contributor to Night lords storyline. I find it the most interesting of the legions.


Source http://fabalah.com/night-lords-typography/
The sons of Konrad Curze do not worship Chaos gods specifically. They look down on the more feverish followers of the ruinous powers. This means no marks or possessed. I also plan on using the Night lords red gauntlets. When a Night lord has failed or betrayed the leader, they are ordered to paint their gauntlets red showing that they are marked for death. A death chosen at the time of the lords choosing. Why execute a perfectly good soldier? Another interesting element of the Night lords is that they don't really follow anyone but themselves. They valued following Horus as much as they valued the Emperor. Which was... well not at all. I always try to role play my games a bit to add to the fun. The Night lords have always had some psychic ability, Curze, Sevatar, Talos, so it's possible my unknown Chaos lord might be based off a sorcerer. For the moment the Night lords faction of my war band are content to share the spoils with Voltan of the Emperor's Children and Crom of the World Eaters.


I'm just working on basic troops for now. Here are a few finished
Game play wise I want a close assault force. My chaos army will be geared to fighting in close. Plenty of Melta guns and every trooper has modeled a cc, pistol and bolter. My Chosen squad has 3 members with 2 Lightning Claws. To honor Curze, there will be plenty of Night lords with two claws. My Eldar largely fight a ranged battle, I want this army to be best up close and personal.


I've played 2 games so far, lost one pretty badly to the Orks and a close loss, Blood Angels, Space Wolves and Flesh Tearers vs. My Chaos and Guard. To be honest I was very happy to lose. It had been awhile. 

7th Edition

By now you've read some rumors on what's next for us in the 40k game. I was a big fan of 6th edition, I loved the direction it took the game. From true line of sight, to things like restricting transport movement if you want to disembark. It was a good edition. I'm not really going to react till I read the full rule book, but I think some of the changes like the Psychic phase sound interesting.

I am inclined to think this edition will ask us to police ourselves as gamers. The options that GW seem to be offering seem quite nasty, like an unbound list. Me? I'm going to keep modeling and painting Night lord troops, because I like skirmish, and I'm going to fire bolters. I'll post a full review once I have the tome in hand till then.... DEATH TO THE FALSE EMPEROR!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there! I noticed you are using my Night Lords typography image. I would appreciate if you credited my work below the image. Thanks! :)
    - Fabalah
    http://fabalah.com/night-lords-typography/

    ReplyDelete